Monday, March 12, 2012

What do you think of today's Broadway musicals?

Broadway is one of my favorite things in the world, but I am very disappointed with these new musicals. I am not a fan of jukebox musicals because they aren't original, and the majority of new musicals seem to be just that. Nothing feels like broadway anymore, like my favorites In The Heights, Billy Elliot, and WIcked. What are your views?What do you think of today's Broadway musicals?
The state of Broadway is following the state of the country in general.

Expect to see Jersey Shore- The Musical.

That crap sells. Spider Man sells. Shrek sells.

It's sad..... very very sad.... We need more Sondheims and Schwartzes and fewer guy-who-wrote-Rock of Ages (biggest travesty to hit Broadway since I've been alive).
Well a lot of my favourite musicals have left Broadway :( like In the Heights and 9 to 5, for example.



Aside from Wicked (my all time love lol) and Mary Poppins, I don't really see any shows come to think of it, and I ADORE BROADWAY!! (my whole room is dedicated to it). And I guess what you're saying is the reason why. I hope good shows start coming back.



Annie is coming back in 2012 which should be awesome, and I'm hoping they'll bring back some old classics like Les Miserables and Rent.What do you think of today's Broadway musicals?
People and composers have run out of ideas for musics. They are turning TV shows and movies into musicals that werent really meant to be. Also the quality of performance from todays singers is lacking. We need some fresh ideas and singers on todays stages. hopefully a new generation will arise.
  • map of united states with cities
  • kbb used car value
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment