Monday, March 12, 2012

Billy Ellliot - Inspired.?

Recently on a trip to the west end i watched Billy Elliot for the second time with my parents. The Musical is so inspiring and i have become really interested in dancing... I'm 15, now i don't want a role in the musical i just want to dance, tap, ballet, street etc.

Now, my obvious option would be to just go to lessons, but i feel so scared. I don't know how to ask, i don't want to be seen as a 'sissy' to say "I want to do ballet" it is so easy to answer this, but it's hard to carry it out, i've dropped hints that i'd love to dance. I'm just so scared. What should i do, if i ask, how should i do it? do i leave it, like i've been doing?Billy Ellliot - Inspired.?
If you're sure this is what you want, and you sound pretty sure, you should definitely ask. I do hip-hop dancing and I want to try ballet again but I like individual ballet, not in a group. I would first call a local dance studio or just someone who gives lessons and ask them questions. If they ask who you are, tell them you want to remain anonymous for now. If they push you for more information, tell them you are calling for your daughter. Get all the information you will need to present to your parents (price, days of classes, times of classes, how much would shoes be). Dancing can be pretty expensive sometimes. For just my one hip-hop class taken every Monday it's $30 a month plus we had to buy $40 shoes and a $55 costume. You want to take numerous classes, which will be even MORE expensive. But if this is really what you want, then show your parents how dedicated you are. Get your parents alone and tell them "I want you to please consider me taking dance classes. I have been thinking about this for a while now and I think it would be fun and great exercise." Present them the facts and just talk to them. Let me know how it works out.

= )
Trust me, it's not too late to start. You'll just have to work a little harder at it if you'd like to continue into a performing arts school.

= )

Report Abuse

Billy Ellliot - Inspired.?
Go for it. I did. There is nothing sissy bout dancing! It is hard work with a lot of discipline involved. If you are straight, you get to touch girls in places most guys only dream of. All the time. If you are gay...you will met an number of men with the same inclination. You win ether way

No comments:

Post a Comment