Monday, March 12, 2012

How do i find out about auditions for upcoming musicals in Melbourne?

I'm 14 years old and I just saw Billy elliot the musical and loved it! I would love to be in a production like this but not really sure how to go about it. I have experience in dance and drama. If anyone could tell where i may find auditions such as these advertised it would be much appreciated.How do i find out about auditions for upcoming musicals in Melbourne?
Billy Elliot is an amazing professional production, but if you just want to do it for fun your best bet would be to do some amateur theatre.



Go to www.theatrepeople.com.au and there is an "Auditions" tab which will show you some upcoming shows being performed. Most of them require you to be 16 years of age, however, due to certain legal reasons etc.



In Melbourne there is a thing called the Young Australian Broadway Chorus. One of my friends was in it and they perform shows but they are all teenagers. You should google that.



Best of luck! I also love performing in shows and it's a blast so I'm sure you'll have heaps of fun!How do i find out about auditions for upcoming musicals in Melbourne?
Young Australian Broadway Chorus is a really good starting point and I would recommend it for you. Its singing, dancing and acting. Im sure you would love it.



Here is there website: http://www.cpca.com.au/young-australian-broadway-chorus

It will have all the info that you need.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment