Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Okay, in Billy Elliot in the movie, is Billy gay?

last night I saw Billy Elliot the musical for the second time with my sister and her friend who'd never seen it. And at the end, her friend asked "wait, so is he gay or not?" And my sister's like "not in the musical, but in the movie he is." And I was like... what are you talking about? And she was like, "wasn't it obvious at the end, when he kissedx Michael?" And I was like, "it had the exact same ending as the musical!" But she said it was different...



So, is he gay, or what?Okay, in Billy Elliot in the movie, is Billy gay?
I don't believe that he is. He kissed Michael because that was his goodbye gift to him, but in every other way he shows that he is not gay.

Great movie, by the way.

I believe that Michael is wearing a turban at the end because he is dressed as a woman. Remember how he liked to wear his mother's clothes.
This is one of my all-time favorite movies. He only kisses Micheal in the end, because Micheal was his really good friend and he was leaving and he knew Micheal liked him. In the end when Billy is older it's all kind of up in the air. I think they have it left open and up for the viewers to decide.Okay, in Billy Elliot in the movie, is Billy gay?
The movie doesn't portray him as gay. One of the messages was that his love of dance is separate from his sexual identity. Like the other posters said, the kiss was a gift for Michael, not because he liked him.
  • pocket bikes
  • extreme pizza
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment