Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Is The Billy Elliot Film Plausible?

Hi everyone! I don't know how to word my question, so I am sorry! It might not make any sense but allow me to explain:

I love the film Billy Elliot and what I like about it is that it relates to dancing, which is my passion in life! He only studies ballet for a short while before an audition at the RBS, and his instructor said "they teach you the stuff, it's how you move," meaning that it's the way you express yourself and that the school teaches you all the steps. I started ballet a short while ago and I love it! I am naturally flexible, passionate and dedicated and other pupils in the class didn't believe me when I said it was my first time doing ballet. I am a good tap dancer and jazz as well. I have read about performing art schools recently and my dream is to attend one. Tring Park is beautiful but the fees are so expensive. Elmhurst is as well, but I haven't looked into that one much. What would be my chances of attending a performing arts school before I leave secondary education?

Thanks!

xx

:D



**Also, would I have to choreography my OWN audition routine?**Is The Billy Elliot Film Plausible?
For a boy it might be plausible, but not for a girl. The are hungry for male dancers and will overlook a lot to have a boy train. Girls on the other hand are way more than they need. The young man in the film was obviously a tap dancer not a ballet dancer too.

For audition you do a ballet class. That part was fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment