Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How is Billy Elliot the musical? A few Questions on it?

Okay, I know I already posted this, but I had no answers so let's try again



So, in about a week I am going to NY and I can't wait. My mom is going to buy the tickets for two shows online in a few days and I have a few final questions.



#1. Is Billy Elliot appropriate for a 12 year old?

#2. Is it a weird musical?

#3. How is the dancing?

#4. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate it? Is it in your top 3 faves?

#5. Is it awkward at all (like if a kid went with her mom)?

#6. Is the accent hard to understand?

#7. In 5 words or less describe Billy Elliot.



I understand its a lot of questions but I want to make sure I go with the right musical. Please answer however many you want. The one with the most answers gets 10 points! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.How is Billy Elliot the musical? A few Questions on it?
1 Yes, it is appropriate for a 12 year-old if parents are okay with some pretty stiff swearing, much of it coming from the kids in the show.

#2 No, it is not weird.

#3 The dancing is fabulous, and it doesn't matter which Billy you see, you will be amazed at his dancing.

#4 On a scale of 1-10, I would rate it an 11. But then, I am a diehard fan of this show. It is definitely the top of my top 3 faves.

#5 No, it is not awkward for kids with their parents.

#6 The accent is not hard to understand. If there are some words that are unfamiliar, like "pasty," for instance, they are explained in the big souvenir program but not in the free playbill. There is also a good explanation of the background of the 1984 miners' strike in the program that will help you to understand what is going on with Billy's family and community.

#7 6 words: It's brilliant. You won't be disappointed.

#8 I hope your mom can find some tickets to buy!
1. Yes, the language can get a little bad at times but overall it's nothing too too bad. I mean it's better content wise than say, Rent or Spring Awakening (still quite good shows though), but it's not exactly Wicked or Hairspray either.



2. Not at all, it's brilliant =)



3. The dancing is amazing. The entire cast was great, and the kid that I saw playing Billy completely blew my mind. There are three different actors who play him, but I'm sure that the other two Billys are of equal caliber. These kids have been dancing pretty much since they could walk, and they're better than many adults.



4. Probably like an 8 or 9, and I'd have to say it's #3 after Sweeney Todd and Spring Awakening.



5. It's not awkward in the least, I saw it with my mom and didn't feel awkward at all.



6. I didn't think it was, I think what might be of more concern is the British words and references they use might be a little confusing. I'm pretty sure they tell you what the words mean in the Playbill though, and if not it's in the program (if you are so inclined to buy one)



7. An all around awesome musical =)How is Billy Elliot the musical? A few Questions on it?
1. It really depands on the 12 year old. If you are very mature for your age, and your parents dont mind harsh cursing, and the topic of sexuality- it should be fine.



2.It can be percieved as weird because of some of its abstract scenery/ideas.



3. The dancing is fantastic, and is the main reason to see the show.



4. I would give it a six. its defanately not in my three favs.



5. Because of dome of the sexual subject matter the kids talk about ("Expressing Yourself"), it will be awkward, yes, but more so if a boy went to see the show with their parents.



6.Its not too difficult



7. A great dance show.



-try seeing Wicked, Phantom, Next To Normal, 9 To 5, or West Side Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment