Tuesday, February 21, 2012

How to become flexible again.....(billy elliot!)?

ok, the other week i saw Billy elliot and it was amazing! they could all do splits and that thing where you turn your head quickly when 'spinning' and that thing where you do an arabesque type thing but hold leg almost over your head.



i used to be able to do splits etc but quit dancing , i want to start again at home ' no clubs at mo!' is there any good sites to teach you? also how to do the things mentioned above and roughly how long should it take to be able to do the splits again ?





thanks xxHow to become flexible again.....(billy elliot!)?
Unfortunately, once you turn 13, it is extremely hard to get you splits down. It usually takes about as long as a year. But since you've had them down before, it won't take you as long once your muscles recognize what they used to do all the time. It will take about eight months. Probably more for middle splits. And surprisingly, there's no special trick or instructions to get your split down. Just keep practicing it everyday, and you'll get it!How to become flexible again.....(billy elliot!)?
I was in the same position you're in. I had done dance before, along with cheer and gymnastics, but then quit it all when my life got to hectic to handle. So, at age 14 I started lyrical dance again, along with poms. It was really hard to do, but I just started stretching and practicing my splits every night. For my splits, I would increase the amount of time that I would hold them for, every day. For example, the first day I started out with 10 sec, then 20, then 30, then 40 then 50 then 60, etc. Just now, am I finally getting them down. But I'm still not all the way there yet. Just keep doing it everyday to get it down.

~Hope that helps!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment