Friday, February 24, 2012

Musicals? Billy Elliot or Lion King?

(London, UK)

Going to take my fiance to watch her first musical in August but should it be the lion king or Billy Elliot (or maybe something else?)

... We both get bored quite easily so its got to keep our attention and its got to be on for the 3rd August.Musicals? Billy Elliot or Lion King?
Billy Elliot is by far the most amazing musical I have ever seen, and believe me I have seen alot. It was beyond words, mesmerising. However I did go and see the original billys not their replacements and so dont know how good they are, alot hinges on the performance of one 12yr old boy.

Lion King is fantastic too, so many bright colours and so much to watch and take in, the costumes are so incredible. Personally I would never get bored with either of them.

If still in doubt, take her to Les Miserables - such good songs and a fantastic all rounder.

If you want my personal opinion, take her to see Lion King, it's really lovely, a good first musical and neither of you will forget it!
The Lion King all the way! Definately for a first musical! I saw it in NYC on Broadway as my first Broadway show and I was thrilled the whole time with the songs, costumes, scenery, etc!Musicals? Billy Elliot or Lion King?
neither!! so here the complete magic of musical by taking her to the best musical ever....Les Miserables. She will not be disappointed .
Billy Elliot for a good story line and "The Lion King" for the spectacle.
Billy Elliot, it kept my husband enthralled and I had to drag him to see it as it was about 'boy dancers' !! He was very impressed.
the lion king it is one of my favorite movies
the lion king would be a good one to go see lots of bright colours and great special effects where as even tho billy elliot is good as well its a bit slower
Billy Elliot is fantastic - but so is 'Wicked' - not so well known yet, so may be easier to get tickets too.
I would take her to see Lion King or Mary Poppins. Disney musicals are a large spectacle in themselves. Having seen both, you can't really go wrong. For a first musical that will keep your attention, you can't go wrong. There is so much visual stimuli to keep your attention. Mary Poppins is a bit closer to a traditional musical given it's emphasis on dance and the strong ensemble, but Mary flies and Burt walked upside down. Lion King is visually amazing from the get go with the animals and the moving set.
i went to see the lion king on monday 21st may, it is amazing!!! Definately kept my attention and i get bored easily too. Its not cheesy either like some musicals, more words than some and i dont even like musicals normally.

Its at the lyceum near covent garden, few mins away. so easy to get to.
neither the lion king bored me stupid and as for billy Elliot i feel as sleep during the film so i personally wouldn't waste my money go and see les mis, wicked or blood brothers all very different shows but the are all as good plus they my persoanl faves and i go to see a show every other weekend
Lion King, its great.
billy elliot, its amazing! all the boys are brilliant and the show is mindblowing!!
Out of those 2 " Billy Elliot", but what about "Joseph"

No comments:

Post a Comment