Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Classical Music Trivia: Billy Elliot?

In the film Billy Elliot, what's the name of the piano solo that is played when Mrs. Wilkinson is preparing Billy for his first audition while at the dance bar?



I have been in love with that song for 6 years now and NO ONE has been able to tell me the name or the composer. I feel so tormented (LOL!)!!Classical Music Trivia: Billy Elliot?
"Sc猫ne"

from "Swan Lake, Op.20"

Written by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
I've found the song! It's called "A Child is Born." Evidently there's thousands of variations of it--some jazz and some with lyrics.

Report Abuse

Classical Music Trivia: Billy Elliot?
I am not familiar with this film, but by your user name, I believe you are a witch.?



Deuteronomy 18:10

There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.
I really don't know, but I bet you can buy the CD of the soundtrack. That way you will be able to find out who the composer is and you will stop tormenting yourself!



Btw, lovely film!

No comments:

Post a Comment