Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Billy Elliot Ballet Girl Audition Help?

I just saw Billy Elliot: the Musical in Chicago this past Sunday, and I absolutely fell in LOVE with it! It also sort of planted a wish in me: to be able to try out for a part as a ballet girl. I'm 13 years old and stand at 5 feet, so I realize that I'm a year older and two inches taller than what they want, but hopefully they won't hold that against me. I know how to do ballet and some jazz, but I don't know much about tap - I can, however, pick up most styles quickly. I'm not overweight, but I do have some curves, and I'm Sri Lankan (I look Indian). Do I have any chance whatsoever of getting in?



Also, I'm not very sure if I can make it to the Chicago open call that they're holding on October 24th. Can I just send in a picture and my resume, or do I also have to post a video of myself on their BeBilly website? If it's the latter, what sort of things will I have to do?



Please post some actually good answers - I'm tired of looking up questions and seeing a bunch of bogus or rude answers. Thank you!Billy Elliot Ballet Girl Audition Help?
Not to be rude, but if your not at the open call I don't think they will take you seriously. Also, being a big production if they say how old and how tall they want the ballet girls to be, there probably not going to change that unless you are insanely good. Hope that helps.Billy Elliot Ballet Girl Audition Help?
Check here for a blog post on the Audition:

http://www.billyelliotmusicalticketsonli鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment