Saturday, February 11, 2012

Is the Musical "Billy Elliot" appropriate for an eight-year old boy to see with his mother?

I understand there is strong language (F** word) and the interaction between Billy and his best friend, Michael, who cross dresses, could leave an 8-year old wondering what's going on?



Any feedback from parents who've seen this play is welcome. I just don't want to expose our son to mature themes prematurely.



Thank you.Is the Musical "Billy Elliot" appropriate for an eight-year old boy to see with his mother?
It depends on how exposed your son has been to such themes prior to now. I think it's best if you make the decision based on how you, as a mother, think he may react towards them.

As an eight-year old, I'd seen/heard a lot of foul language and sexual nature, so I'm not too sure on what's normal for an 8-year old to have seen, however it hasn't done me any damage in the long-run, as having been exposed to such things is perhaps why I'm so open-minded now, aged 16, so if it were up to me, I'd certainly take him!

However, at the end of the day, it's your decision, and I would take into account how you feel he may respond to such themes - he may just look past the strong language and sexual nature, focusing on how great he thought the musical as a whole was! :)
Would not be an issue.. He will enjoy the Show..



Don't worry.. Take Him...



Know about the musical - http://www.billyelliotmusicalticketsonli鈥?/a>Is the Musical "Billy Elliot" appropriate for an eight-year old boy to see with his mother?
he'll be fine
  • window tinting
  • mbusa
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment